My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://conservamome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 20, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday Volume 18

It's Friday! Better late than never! 

 -1-

So I took a  "Break" last week only because my computer decided it was going to go all crazy and get a virus and well ended up litterally at the Computer hospital after a million dollars later it is now fixed and ready to conquer the world. That was painful considering I had to share my husbands computer and use my kindle more than I would have liked but all is well now :)

-2- 
Along with my computer going on the fritz my husbands car paid it's last toll and went to the Car lot in the sky. After 9 years of companionship it decided to go meet it's maker and well ended it's days at the Mazda lot where it came from. After a week of driving my husband around while the car was looked at and finally pronounced dead we finally got a new car and couldn't be more excited. We were a little cranky about taking on a car payment but alas it was much needed and hopefully this one will be as loving as it's predecessor.


-3-
This week my husband and I took the ultimate step in simplifying our lives and decided to get rid of our cable tv. We have decided to just stick to Netflix which we can view using our Blue Ray player and I have to say so far so good! We unfortunately live too far from the "local TV Stations" and so it's hard to pick up local channels using one of those converter boxes so we will have to get news from the internet and Face book. Which may not be a terrible thing. The kids haven't even asked for it and have been enjoying of our Tom and Jerry collection and have even taken an affinity to Curious George cartoons,it's nice to have that control over what they watch :)

-4-
If you're looking for a neat and different Crock pot recipe,check out my "Crock pot Cuban Fricase de Pollo" I posted. I know Crock pot cooking can get blah after a while so this recipe is sure to rub your family's tummy the right way and give you a quick easy recipe :) 

-5-
The Lo has been asking for a desk to do his "paper work on" not sure what kind of paperwork he wants to work on but my dad the ever spoiling grandfather decided to get him said desk. Little Lo was very excited but oh boy did it come in a million pieces.
Hub and I worked hard on it(more hub than I )

 But the Lo was very pleased with the results..check him out working on his "important paperwork"
-6-
I actually read this story right before begining this and I have to ask parents, "Please stop making your children Science experiments".

-7-

And now a funny for all you "Star Wars" fans :)


Have a great weekend and week!!
God Bless!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Just popped over from Jen's Quick Takes. My husband and I haven't had cable for four years, and haven't missed it. We used RedBox for a while and now just have NetFlix streaming (we cancelled the mail-in DVDs when they raised the prices). The internet supplements any other viewing we need, but surprisingly we don't "need" very much TV.

Best of luck on your newfound simplicity!

jen said...

Totally agree with you on #6.

Jamie said...

I love crock pot recipes and hate car / computer problems! :(

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Annmarie Pipa said...

i wish you an uneventful week!

Take $5 off your first order with coupon REF10

Take $5 off your first order with coupon  REF10
"Never has the devil found such fertile territory upon which to work as in this era when his very existence is denied by so many" - St. Padre Pio