Since this year we started from scratch when it came to adding and subtracting I knew I need to use something that would engage my little man. So what better item than to give him instant gratification with each learning experience. Not just by having the feeling of success by getting the problems right but a tasty treat to top the experience off. I began using M&M to teach counting. Making them such versatile items due to their color & size.
- group them by colors teaching about likeness
- teach your little one about graphing by charting them and graphing how many you have
- teaching about ones,tens and hundreds (use different colors for each grouping)
- measuring items using M&M's (There's 13 M&M's in 6inches)
- Learning colors through M&M's
- and so much more!....