Lemons aren't just for lemonade! Here are 10 ways you can use a lemon
1. Refresh wooden utensils- Take the stink out of cutting boards,rolling pins, wooden bowls,etc.. After washing rub a lemon all over it and it will not only sanitize the board but leave a fresh scent.
2. Keep insects out of the kitchen-Insects hate the smell of lemon so squeeze the juice in holes cracks, around the door, put in a spray bottle and wipe down around windows and you will keep little critters out especially roaches and fleas.
3. Deodorize your garbage disposal- Toss pieces of lemon rind or orange rind into the garbage disposal it will take any yucky smell out, deodorize and sanitize.
4. Keep Guacamole Green- Lemon helps prevent guacamole from turning brown, just add a nice amount to the Guacamole and you will have green tasty guacamole :)
5. Soften dry, scaly knees& elbows -for better looking knees elbows, mix baking soda and lemon juice to make a paste, then rub it into your knees & elbows for a smoothing, and exfoliating treatment.
6. Clean Stainless Steel : use a little salt and lemon juice then wipe down with a clean cloth. Use in
7. Fruit Salad: Keep your Apples from turning brown with a squirt of lemon. It will keep your salad yummy and complement the taste with a little citrus in it.
8. Clean your Toilet: Get rid of stubborn rust stains with lemon and some household borax.
9. Whiten Clothes For a natural alternative to bleach use lemon juice instead of bleach. Lemon juice is also great for removing stains. You can spot treat it or soak clothing in half and half mixture of baking soda and lemon.
10. Upset Stomach: Such a lemon to sooth an upset stomach. It's even good for Morning Sickness just scratch and sniff the peel. The oils will sooth the sickness for a bit.
These are just some of the things you can use a lemon for. Do you have any other ways to use a lemon?