My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://conservamome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Survive and Really Enjoy Disney World With Kids: Where We Stayed

*Although we received two one day tickets to the park, All opinions expressed are 100% mine.



Ten years ago my Hubby and I said I do and what better way to celebrate it than going to the "Happiest Place on Earth" Disney  World. Having 4 kids, we knew this trip would be far from a Romantic getaway but we're all for Making Memories. Don't get me wrong, I was very nervous in taking on this task of traveling to Disney World with my Husband and the 4 kids with no back up and I have to say Jim Gaffigan's bit on Disney World kept going through my head. However, I decided our kids won't be young forever and I needed to make this trip a memorable one they would remember for years. Before heading to Disney World I did some "research" leg work because we knew this would be a big undertaking. So my leg work is your gain, for next few days you get to find out how it is we managed to "Survive and Really Enjoy Disney with kids"

Disney World is truly an amazing place to visit and is a must do on everyone's list. It  is a place filled with magic at every corner. A surprise around each turn and of course memories to be made not only for the little ones but for the adults as well.




 Accommodations
The First thing we decided on was the park and subsequently the hotel. Having grow up in Florida I have come to Disney World a million times and we always stayed in Kissimmee the town right outside of Disney World. For those looking for the best bang for your buck, that might be your answer. However, when trying to survive with kids it may prove to be a tad complicated especially when coming in from out of State. This trip my husband and I decided to splurge and we ended up staying at a Disney Resort and it was well worth it!

After choosing the Park we would visit (The Magic Kingdom) we choose to stay at an adjacent hotel. I HIGHLY recommend this. We decided on The Polynesian Disney Resort. Nestled right next to the Magic Kingdom on the Banks of the Lagoon this Hotel is a Pacific Paradise.  Complete with cascades, geysers, babbling brooks and a Volcano pool.
 

This hotel is a dreamy paradise. Even 4 screaming kids were entranced by its beauty and charm. 
With Anything Disney no detail is left untouched from the hostesses waiting at the curve ready to help check you in, to the speedy and courteous service with a back drop fit for dreams this, was an experience.

 


The girls loved receiving lays upon check in and actually still wear them two weeks after their trip. Upon hearing about my husband and I's anniversary we received two beautiful flower lays made up of carnations(for me) and palm (for my husband) Truly worth the money!

The whole hotel is themed after a Polynesian paradise. Not only do you feel like you're in paradise thanks to the grounds of the hotel,but the rooms themselves have that aloha state of mind with a "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"feel. If you look closely at some of the decor in your room you will even find hidden  Mickey's around reminding you not only are you in Paradise but also at the Happiest Place on Earth!


If you decide to stay at one of the hotels make sure and check out all the features each one has. The Polynesian not only had the gorgeous pools and landscape but had a great Polynesian Dinner Show that will give you a glimpses of a Pacific feast filled with fun and entertainment.  Want to dine with Lilo and Stitch? Try their Ohana Character breakfast to kick off your trip to the Parks.
Or Head off to a nice dinner and you can drop the kids off to enjoy supervised fun at the Never Land club  or during certain days you can grab a movie under the stars by the pool!  A Disney resort isn't just about visiting the Parks, it's part of a whole experience that I highly recommend you try!

As for our stay, here are some pictures from the hotel I took the night we arrived.
Including the sweet detail of towels in the shape of Mikey Ears waiting for us on our bed!

Such peace on the grounds!

Be Still My heart!!Cinderella's Castle  at night from our hotel!

A Sweet Picture of Lo Sleeping before his big day at the Park.  This was one feature I loved about the hotel, their sofas that turned into a bed, perfect for the bigger kiddo.

One thing I would like to add that made staying at this hotel even better...the distance and ease of getting to the park. Half way through the day and the June Orlando heat the kids had enough and we decided to head back to the hotel where we got to enjoy a fun cool out at the Pool.


 It was truly an experience and dream staying in this hotel and Sunday morning when it was time to go my heart was sad. Vacations with my 4 kids are usually hard between the chaos and the excitement but Disney's Polynesian Hotel  truly made this a memorable experience.

  Disney has all budgets in mind with their various selections of hotels from affordable to luxurious you can find the hotel that fits your budget and life style.

Disney also makes your stay easier by offering dinning plans that will help take the guesswork of meals, meaning you can get some great deals as part of your hotel  package.

 Staying at a Disney Resort is something that is not unattainable and cheaper than you may think. With specials going on all year you too can have an amazing vacation for less than you thought possible (I know I was surprised at the specials we got).I highly recommend you head over to the Disney Vacation Page for more Details on how to book your own vacation getaway or to check out and find the hotel that might be the best fit for you.

Stay tuned for the Second part of My Series "How To Survive and Really Enjoy Disney World With Kids" 

In the Meantime.. Have you Stayed at a Disney Resort or a themed resort of some kind? What made that stay special for you?

*Although we received two one day tickets to one park, All opinions expressed are 100% mine.




28 comments:

Ave T said...

I have never been to Disney World, but I would love to visit one day! Maybe when my daughter is little bit older. Thanks for a great post!

Leela R. said...

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to remember this one when my son is old enough to go to Disney World. I still remember my trip there when I was a kid, so I do know how important it is to make those memories good ones!

ConservamomE said...

It is so gorgeous!! It really makes a huge difference staying close to the park.

ConservamomE said...

Oh no!! We were worried about the rain but thank God it actually just sprinkled enough to cool us down :)

ConservamomE said...

Hahaha! YES!

ConservamomE said...

Thank you! It is so much fun and well worth it!

Krista Bainbridge said...

Looks like a great place to stay! We stayed at a condo about 2 miles from Disney and really enjoyed ourselves - free shuttle, too! :)

Paula Bendfeldt-Diaz said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, love the Polynesian such a beautiful hotel! I agree that when going to the parks with kids it's better to stay as close as possible.

Ashley Gatewood said...

Looks like you all had fun, last time we went to Disney it was a disaster, it rained, the kids complained, don't think we'll be going back until my kiddos are older.

Donna Martin said...

Disney is like heaven for kids

Debbie said...

Super fun and great tips! Thanks

ConservamomE said...

Thank you!! We had a blast!!

ConservamomE said...

My Three year old really enjoyed herself. I think anything younger might be tough on everyone. :)

ConservamomE said...

Thanks!

Omima said...

Looks good

Monique Eckert said...

Can't wait until our kids are old enough. What do you think is a good age for Disney? We don't want to go when they are too young.

Cindy Batchelor said...

That looks like so much fun! love all the pics!

Sherry Compton said...

So beautiful and fun! That is the only problem with Disney...there are so many places to stay and so much you want to do. It's nice to read about others experiences. This sounds like a great place not just for kids but adults. It's really cute the little details like the towels.

Maria - Tough Cookie Mommy said...

This is some great information. My husband and I have been talking about planning a Disney vacation with our boys for a long time. Seeing some of the things you guys did during your trip really gives me lots of ideas for our own trip.

ConservamomE said...

We took our 8 month old and he did very well. Stay tuned for next weeks post where I talk about a few secrets about WDW including a place just for babies at the Magic kingdom! :)

ConservamomE said...

Oh yeah...It's doable but can be tough. Seems the kids sniff out weakness. :)

Carmen Alcantara said...

I am having a baby but also have two older children, should I wait until my baby turns 2 which would make his older brother and sister 13 and 10 when we go? Or just do it next year when he turns 1 and won't really remember anything.

ConservamomE said...

Thank you for stopping by!!

Heather Johnson said...

I have traveled alone with my daughter. However, I think that traveling with more than one adult per kid is definitely easiest.

Onica {MommyFactor} said...

That looks like such an awesome trip. I hope to go with my son one day. Thanks for the tips!

ConservamomE said...

It was so much fun!! I hope you make it back soon. They have some great specials going on right now,well worth looking at :)

Sarah Bailey said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time - I went to Disney in my teens and would LOVE to go again some day as it really is so magical.

ConservamomE said...

Nothing like the Free Shuttle!! No worries about parking car!

Take $5 off your first order with coupon REF10

Take $5 off your first order with coupon  REF10
"Never has the devil found such fertile territory upon which to work as in this era when his very existence is denied by so many" - St. Padre Pio