My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://conservamome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baked Kale Treats- A healthy,Crunchy and Tasty Alternative

Kale is quickly becoming a new side dish and no longer just pretty garnish. With it's Huge health benefits and pleasant taste one can adopt it to any dish and since its high on Vitamins A & C you get a power packed punch of goodness all in one bite.
Since I was recently diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes I've been trying to come up with Healthier alternatives to some of my favorite dishes, as well as some new favorites to add to my menu. My sister in law who is Vegan recommended these delicious treats and I couldn't resist trying them out.

A cup of chopped Kale has about 7 grams of carbs which is what I have to keep my eyes on with my diet, but since they are healthy carbohydrates this is definitely a great alternative for snaking. Kale is also on the list for Low Glycemic foods (These are foods that help to lower your blood sugar and keep it stabilized. They are foods for diabetic diets as well as to lose fat!) It's a much better alternative than your usual potato chip.

The recipe is simple...
  • Remove Leaves from stem. 
  • Wash and Spin Dry(make sure all excess water is off of them!)
  • Tear into bite size pieces
  • Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
  • Drizzle with Olive oil and salt then toss with your hands
  • Make sure they are in a single layer!
  • Place in a low temp oven about 325(ovens may vary)
  • Then slowly dry out until they are crisp.
  • Enjoy!


 






 

No comments:

Take $5 off your first order with coupon REF10

Take $5 off your first order with coupon  REF10
"Never has the devil found such fertile territory upon which to work as in this era when his very existence is denied by so many" - St. Padre Pio