My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://conservamome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Life through the eyes of 2 year old boy



What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
-Mother Goose
My little man makes me laugh. Not just because of what he says or does but who he is. He is a little gift from God in the form of a two year old little boy!
He was given to us as a gift from God on November 22,2006. And after 26 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing, He was born a light 8#11oz (I should add he was 3 weeks early!) My husband and I had resigned ourselves to the fact that after being married for 2 years and no children , maybe God didn't want children for us. Then it happen! I found out I was pregnant with our little Man! What a blessing! We had our fair share of problems through the pregnancy he was diagnosed as being a two vessel cord baby (Instead of having two arteries and one vein running through his umbilical cord he only had one of each) Of course if you go online and research this you will find every nightmare scenario you can imagine from death to missing limbs. Thankfully he wasn't born with major complications. Unfortunately he WAS born with a small VSD(hole in the heart) and just one kidney (which to many this might sound like
a lot but like I said before after reading everything that could happen I was very thankful!
Don't let all these problems fool you he is an active little man. He seeizes each day with such gusto and doesn't slow down for one minute, catching breakfast, lunch and dinner on the run, only stoping for a few minutes to catch an episode of Thomas the Train! He has taught me so many things from appreciating the smallest things like a bunny (buee) and stoping what I am doing to listen to the choo choo that happens to pass by about half a mile down from us.
As every day passes by and I work on teaching him new skills from language to Potty training (which has been an adventure all of its own) I stop to realize that the real person doing any learning is me because I see God's love through his eyes. He never judges, just loves or discriminates. He sees a cookie on the floor and he eats it, to him its not a dirty cookie, it's just a cookie! and he proceeds to enjoy it to the last crumb(not with my approval of course,haha)Not that I want to eat cookies of the floor but in life we judge and see others for what their apperance might or who we think they are and not realize that they might have the biggest gifts to give us if we just "brush away" the dirt and allow them to enter our lives. I know I am still a student of life and I know that my son is growing more and more each day but in the words of Father Relyea I pray each day "Lord please don't ever let my children loose their Baptismal innocens"Allow him to always carry that innocence and love of life. Because if we can at least learn that from Children our path to heaven might be a little easier to stay on.

6 comments:

Scoobyloves2004 said...

How very sweet! I too have little boys, and they are always a bundle of fun and energy. They grow up so fast, cherish these beginning years because before you know it, they will be off to high school and you will be stuck wondering what happened to the little boys you once had. God Bless!

Conservamom said...

I feel like that every time he learns something new or not needing me for everything. They are a blessing!

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

Oh yes I remember well the joys of the toddler. Eating everything and anything, no matter where it was from! Also thank-you for your comment and uplifting remark on my blog. It was so nice of you. Also you are in good company regarding multiple children under the age of 2. Mine are 10 months apart; So I can so relate! Enjoy your children!

Conservamom said...

It is pretty scary what they eat. I know half of his colds have been because of that. Now his sister is carefuly following in his footsteps! What always makes me cringe is when he is being "dificult" at church and starts putting his face(and especially mouth) on the kneeler and floor. The Joys and blessings!!!

lolit said...

kids are truly a blessing for a couple. it always gives joy that is unexplainable.congratulations having blessed with a cute boy.

Conservamom said...

Thank you!! They really are a blessing from God!

Take $5 off your first order with coupon REF10

Take $5 off your first order with coupon  REF10
"Never has the devil found such fertile territory upon which to work as in this era when his very existence is denied by so many" - St. Padre Pio