My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://conservamome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 16, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Volume 3)






-1-
The kids started swimming lessons this week with our little neighbors. They had a blast and it was really neat to see the four of them at work. It was also a nice little break for their mom and I to just relax for a little bit .


-2-
I paid 2.70 for gas this week! I had to brag! We have a points system at our local grocery store and they give you .10 off for every 100.00 you spend in groceries,which is really nice + they give you 4x's the points for gift cards you buy so I take advantage of buying gift cards for stuff like target,staples,etc..that I need. So nice to get a break once in a while :)



-3-
Lo started soccer this week. I was really impressed with how well he is doing. He really enjoys that sport and it seems to come naturally to him. I know I know I sound like a parent but I also know that this is the kind of sport that fits him perfectly due to his love of running and kicking balls he's in heaven. They have their first game in two weeks. He's pretty excited because he's got some friends from school on his team and that made him happy to know some kids. Not because I'm his mom but he seems to be doing really well along with another little boy. They both get picked a lot to do various drills and games and he has gotten really good at "stealing the ball" This makes me so happy considering when he was little I wondered if he would even get to play sports because of his little VSD. :) Thank you God!



-4-
I had to show off the delicious hat I bout the Bummie. It is so stinking cute and perfect for this fall weather :) Doesn't she look adorable!
-5-
I tried my hand at making bread for the first time with my friends recipe. It came out AWESOME! So happy I tried it. It so soft and yummy! The whole family approved! I used organic unbleached flour. I'd like to move to whole wheat soon but have to find some better quality. I will definitely be using this recipe from now on and start steering away from buying bread. Nothing like taking charge of what your family eats step by step :)


-6-
I made 3 Cuban FLANS for our restaurant yesterday! A flan is an elegant, rich dessert made with eggs, milk, and vanilla, coated with caramelized sugar. It's time consuming but such a best seller! So delicious! If you want to check out the post click here

-7-
Fall has officially reared it's head around here. I love the cold sunny days but we've had some dreary cloudy cold ones lately and I hate those! I call it plain old sick weather! The kids are annoyed because they want to go play outside and I let them but it's been raining and as soon as that happens its time to come inside and their not happy about it. UGh..I hate that. Oh summer you're barely gone and how I miss you! I'll just have to wallow in my misery with a hot cup of Pumpkin spice late..

No comments:

Take $5 off your first order with coupon REF10

Take $5 off your first order with coupon  REF10
"Never has the devil found such fertile territory upon which to work as in this era when his very existence is denied by so many" - St. Padre Pio